IREX is currently inviting eligible students from developing countries to apply Community Solution Fellowship. The fellows will have an opportunity to participate in the community of any non-profit based organizations in US during four months. The fellowship will cover all of the expenses during the program. Please apply this fellowship by November each year.
The Community Solutions Program (CSP) is a professional development program for the best and brightest global community leaders working on issues related to the environment, tolerance and conflict resolution, transparency and accountability, and women and gender. Community Solutions is a year-long program that includes a four-month fellowship at a U.S. community-based organization, government office or legislative body.
The fellowship will cover the following items:
– J-1 visa support
– Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to the U.S.
– Accident and sickness insurance
– Living Allowance to cover housing, meals and incidentals
Level and Area of Studies
Non degree in any related subjects
Place of Study: USA
Eligibility and Criteria
- You are between the ages of 25 and 38 at the beginning of the year;
- You are a citizen of an eligible country;
- You are living and working in your home country (individuals with refugee status working on behalf of their home community may be given special consideration);
- You have at least two years of experience working on community development, either as a full-time or part-time employee or volunteer;
- You have a high level of proficiency in spoken and written English at the time of application
- You are not a citizen or permanent resident of the US and have not applied for US permanent residency within the past three years
- You are eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa
Please visit the application link to apply this fellowship online.
Please anticipate the deadline in November each year.