The Congressional App Challenge Program is now open. Eligible candidates should not graduated from high school. Winners will receive a range of benefits as listed below. Expired 56 days ago, try next time!
The Congressional App Challenge (CAC) is aimed at encouraging U.S. high school students to learn how to code by creating their own applications. The challenge is intended to highlight the value of computer science and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education and encourage students to engage in these fields. By encouraging and recognizing the nation’s young programming talent, Congress hopes to shine a light on the growing importance of these skills.
- Each district may provide prizes to district winners. A Member office may provide authorized gifts or awards of nominal value as part of the app competition. Gifts authorized by the Members’ Handbook include certificates, folders, and frames of a nominal value.
- If the participating Member decides to host an awards ceremony, finalists will get the chance to present their apps to Judges, Congressional staffers and community leaders. The winning app in each district will be featured on the House.gov website and the CongressionalAppChallenge.us website.
- If the winner is not able to attend the district awards ceremony, the prize will be mailed to the winner’s address within 45 days of receipt of the signed affidavit(s) of eligibility and liability/publicity release(s) form(s).
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in STEM and Computer Science
Place of Study: Not specified.
Eligibility and Criteria
- There is no age minimum, but students are not allowed to participate after they’ve graduated from high school.
- Students are only allowed to compete in Congressional districts that are participating.
- Students are allowed to participate as individuals, or as teams of up to four. If you are participating as part of the team. At least two of your teammates must be eligible to participate in the district in which you wish to compete.
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
Please go to the link below to see detail instruction of application procedure.