Each year, applications for the Consuelo W. Gosnell Memorial Scholarship are invited. This scholarship is fully supported by National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Foundation. Only NASW member students are invited to apply. He or she must be planning to enroll an accredited MSW program. Maximum 10 awards will be given. Each of those amounting $4,000.
The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) is glad to announce the Consuelo W. Gosnell Memorial Scholarship. Candidates who have demonstrated a commitment to working with public or voluntary nonprofit agencies or with local grassroots groups in the United States are eligible to apply.
Up to 10 scholarships of up to $4,000 each will be given to the winning candidates.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level /MSW Program.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Students must be an NASW member and have applied to or have been accepted into an accredited MSW program
- Students must have the potential for completing an MSW program and have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or above
- Students enrolled in a master of social work (MSW) program for more than one year may reapply to the Foundation for part or all of a second year.
The U.S citizens may apply this Consuelo W. Gosnell Memorial Scholarship.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Biographical essay (two typed, double-spaced pages). Essay must address career goals, interests, and work, volunteer, and school/field experience relevant to the guidelines of the award.
- Statement of merit and financial need for the award.
- Two letters of support from professional references
- Official copy of a transcript from the most recent academic work (undergraduate or graduate).
- Signed release of information.
Please anticipate the deadline in early March each year.