The Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology (CREET) is pleased to offer the CREET PhD Studentship. The U.K and overseas students are welcome to apply. To be eligible, the candidates should hold a a Masters degree in education, language studies, psychology, computer science or another appropriate discipline. The selected scholars may expect to receive award valued approximately £14,800. The application deadline is 11 March, 2018.
The Centre for Research in Education and Educational Technology, at the Open University has an international reputation for the quality of its research. Providing research students with a supportive environment and excellent research facilities ensures a future supply of first class researchers. CREET offers you a unique opportunity to study for a PhD in the field as listed below. If you feel that the challenge of research in these exciting and interesting areas is for you and you have the drive and intellectual curiosity to pursue postgraduate research, then they look forward to hearing from you! They welcome proposals for interdisciplinary research in these areas.
Full funding for PhD studentships will include fees and maintenance (£14,800 in 2018/19) for three years, depending on satisfactory progress.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD Studentships in Applied Linguistics, Childhood Studies, Education (including International Education), Languages, Technology Enhanced Learning and Literacies.
Place of Study
This PhD studentship can be taken in the U.K.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates are expected to meet the criteria as follow:
- A good degree at 2.1 level or above relevant to the area in which they are applying or
- A Master’s degree in a relevant area
- Knowledge of and some experience of using qualitative/quantitative research methods
- Commitment to disseminating research findings
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively with supervisors
- The ability to work independently and manage time effectively to ensure completion within the funded period.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please visit the application link below to learn the application procedure.
11 March, 2018.