DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) in collaboration with PLAAS (Institute for Poverty, Land & Agrarian Studies) annually invites applications for the DAAD/PLAAS Scholarship Program. The program will fund three Masters student studying Poverty, Land & Agrarian Studies. Expired 36 days ago, try next time!
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) in collaboration with PLAAS (Institute for Poverty, Land & Agrarian Studies) is offering in-country/in-region scholarships, as part of the Strengthening Capacities for Land Governance in Africa programme. DAAD is offering competitive scholarships for Masters (3) in Poverty, Land & Agrarian Studies, offered at PLAAS.
Typically DAAD scholarship is fully-funded scholarship.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree on the following fields:
- Land tenure, including customary tenure, titling and land markets
- Water, forestry, fisheries and ecosystems management
- Farming systems, agricultural development and the rural non-farm economy
- Agricultural investment and inclusive business models
- Governance, policy frameworks and investment standards
- Population, migration and urbanization
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Agro-food systems, food prices and food security
- Regional cooperation and integration and the agro-food system
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
For admission to the MPhil Research in Poverty, Land and Agrarian Studies, applicants must have obtained an Honours degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. sociology, history, economics, political science, agriculture, public administration, development studies, geographical and environmental studies). Students must demonstrate a good understanding of their chosen research topic and have research experience in one or more of the following themes – poverty, land and agrarian reform, rural development, and natural resources.
All nationalities are eligbble for this scholarship.
14 December 2018.