Applications are now invited for the DAAD-AICGS Research Fellowship Program. Successful fellows are expected to do research in a relevant area in Washington DC. Ideal candidates are those currently working with his or her PhD. Each of the winning fellows will receive a monthly stipend of $3,820. To apply, the application packet must be received no later than the deadline.
The DAAD/AICGS Research Fellowship Program, funded by a generous grant from the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), is designed to bring scholars and specialists working on Germany, Europe, and/or transatlantic relations to AICGS for research stays of two consecutive months each.
Each of the selected applicants will be granted a monthly stipend amounting up to $3,820.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program on a topic closely related to one or more of the Institute’s three research and programming areas: Business and Economics, Foreign and Domestic Policy and Society, Culture & Politics.
Place of Study
At AICGS in Washington DC., USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
All interested scholars must ensure to meet all of the following requirements:
- Applicants must be German or American citizens or applicants affiliated with DAAD Centers for German and European Studies.
- Applicants should have completed or currently be working on a PhD. Only in exceptional cases will fellowships be awarded to applicants with an MA, who are not PhD students.
- All application materials MUST be submitted in English and received by AICGS by the deadline in order to be considered for fellowships in the specified period.
- Individuals who have received a grant or other support from the DAAD within three years of the starting date of the fellowship are not eligible to apply [this does not apply for applicants affiliated with DAAD Centers for German and European Studies].
Only German or American citizens or applicants affiliated with DAAD Centers for German and European Studies are invited to apply.
To apply, all applicants are required to provide the documents as listed below:
- A brief cover letter (please indicate your citizenship in the cover letter and how you have heard about the fellowship)
- A curriculum vitae, with a list of publications (if relevant)
- A project proposal (5-7 pages, double-spaced) outlining in clear, concise terms the substantive thrust of the research and its relevance to the AICGS mission, and the reasons for carrying it out at AICGS and in Washington, DC
- Two recent letters of reference (for Ph.D. students and recent PhDs (received in the last five years) only).
- Successful applicants must be proficient in the English language. We recommend that non- U.S. applicants submit the results of a recognized English language proficient test (TOEFL or IELTS) with their application.
- AICGS will conduct interviews (in person or via video-conference) with select applicants.
– For calendar year 2018 (June – December): 15 April 2018
– For calendar year 2019 (January-December): 1 December 2018