Applications for the UNHCR’s DAFI Scholarship Programme are now being accepted. The scholarships is only open to undergraduate refugee students from 50 selected countries as mentioned below. The submission deadline is varies.
The DAFI programme provides undergraduate refugee students with scholarships that cover a wide range of costs: from tuition fees and study materials, to food, transport and accommodation. To support their academic achievements and skill development, DAFI scholars receive additional support through close monitoring, academic preparatory and language classes based on students’ needs, as well as psychosocial support, mentoring and networking opportunities.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any field.
Place of Study
At any eligible country.
Eligibility and Criteria
- be a refugee with recognised refugee status;
- have successfully completed secondary schooling to a high standard;
- have no other means of support for university studies;
- select a course of study that is likely to lead to employment in the country of origin with maximum three to four years duration;
- not be older than 28 years at the beginning of studies;
- have no other family member receiving a DAFI scholarship.
DAFI Scholarship is open to students of the following countries:
- Sub-Sahara Africa: Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia & Zimbabwe.
- Middle East & Northern Africa (MENA): Algeria, Egypt, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Mauritania, Morocco, Syria & Yemen.
- Asia & Pacific: Bangladesh, India, Iran, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan & Tajikistan.
- The Americas: Ecuador.
- Europe: Azerbaijan, Russian Federation, Turkey & Ukraine.
The deadline is varies.