The University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom is pleased to invite applications for the Dan Walker Journalism Scholarship Programme. This call is intended to UK and EU students pursuing master degree in the field Broadcast Journalism, Print Journalism at the university.
The Department of Journalism Studies is delighted to offer two Dan Walker Journalism Scholarships worth £10,000 each for UK or European Union students starting a taught postgraduate course in journalism in 2020. The scholarships are for students who meet at least one of our widening participation criteria or achieve a first in their undergraduate degree. If your application is successful you can use the scholarship towards fees or living expenses – the choice is yours.
The winner of the Dan Walker Journalism Scholarship will receive £10,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in Journalism fields.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at the University of Sheffield in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
You can apply for a scholarship if you meet all of the following four criteria:
- You either already hold an offer of a place, or wish to apply, for MA Broadcast Journalism at the University of Sheffield
- You are domiciled in the UK or European Union (EU) and not charged international rate fees
- You are not already qualified at masters level, or higher
- You are self-funding
And either one or both of the following:
- You are from a group that is evidentially under-represented among the institution’s taught masters population
- You have already achieved or are currently predicted to achieve a first-class undergraduate degree
The citizens of UK and EU are welcome to apply the Dan Walker Journalism Scholarship.
Please go to the link below to learn further instruction of this scholarship.
24 June 2020.