Applications for the danceWEB Scholarship Programme are invited on annual basis. This scholarship is targeted to young professional dancers and choreographers from either EU or non-EU countries. Expires in 35 days!
The Scholarship Programme is a five-week further training programme taking place every year in July and August in Vienna within the ImPulsTanz – Vienna International Dance Festival. In order to achieve both its educational and artistic goals, the Scholarship Programme is supervised each year by artistic mentors selected amongst dance personalities, who have played a decisive part on an international level in the development of contemporary dance in recent years. Mentors so far among others: Mathilde Monnier, Jonathan Burrows, David Zambrano, Sarah Michelson, DD Dorvillier, Ivo Dimchev, Chris Haring, Tino Sehgal, Doris Uhlich, Meg Stuart and Florentina Holzinger
The winner will receive benefit as follow:
- Participation in the Research Projects of ImPulsTanz (Pro Series & Field Projects)
- Participation in the technical workshops of ImPulsTanz
- Free entry to performances at ImPulsTanz
- Exchange and contact with international lecturers and choreographers at ImPulsTanz
- Special Projects exclusively for danceWEB scholarship holders
- Lecture demonstrations and discussions
- Free accommodation
- Mentoring by internationally recognized artists
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree or training program in dance and choreography.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Austria.
Eligibility and Criteria
Dancers and choreographers with decidedly professional ambitions from European, Eastern European and non European countries, preferably between 22 and 30 years of age (no rule, but a guideline!) and a good knowledge of English. The working language of the program is English.
There is no nationality restriction.
19 January 2019.