The American Australian Association is pleased to invite applications for the David Charles Nason Journalism Scholarship Program. This call is only intended to Australian citizen or permanent resident who already ccepted into a full time study in a graduate level journalism course/program or Residency at the U.S. institution.
David Nason was an Australian news, print and TV journalist covering stories as varied as sports, politics and war time coverage. In his honor, the Nason family is creating the David Nason Journalism Scholarship.
The Scholarship will support an Australian digital, print, broadcast or multimedia journalism student interested in studying in the United States for one year. OR An Australian journalist with 3-5 years of work experience interested in a Journalism Residence Program at an American Media Company.
The Scholarship will award one student up to $20,000 to cover a part of their tuition or living costs.
Level and Area of Studies
Degree or residential program in journalism.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
The David Nason Journalism Scholar would be:
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Accepted into a full time study in a graduate level journalism course/program or Residency;
- Interested in pursuing investigative, business, political, scientific or data journalism.
- The student will be selected on the basis of:
- Quality of writing sample;
- Statement of Purpose and Career Aspirations;
- Financial need and circumstance;
-Ambassadorial and Leadership qualities.
Open to Australian citizen or permanent resident.