The Denny’s Hungry for Education offers an annual scholarship program for K-12, high school and college students enrolled at an accredited educational institution in the United States or Puerto Rico. Over 35 awards available each year. Expires in 13 days!
Denny’s will partner with 10 leading non-profit minority advocacy organizations to launch the programs across the United States. The program will award more than $200,000 in scholarships to deserving elementary, high school and college students for their ideas to help Denny’s fight childhood hunger.
Over 35 scholarships worth from $500 to $5,000 will be awarded
Level and Area of Studies
K-12, high school and college level in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (K-12, high school and college) in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Puerto Rico.
- If an applicant under the age of 18 is selected as a potential HFE scholarship recipient, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student’s parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
- Scholarship funds awarded to winners must be used for education, such as tuition and related fees, books, supplies, equipment required for courses at an accredited post-secondary education institution.
- Student must possess a minimum 2.5 GPA (high school and college). NOTE: Each partner organization may have additional requirements; however, GPA level varies.
- Students in K-12 who are applying to AAA or Step Up will need to meet the low-income requirements from each organization and live in either AZ or FL because of the state laws on tax credit donations.
- College students who are applying to the Tom Joyner Foundation will need to meet this organizations application and essay requirements, which may differ from others.
- Students will need to provide a 300-word essay (high school) or 500-word essay (college) on how Denny’s can impact childhood hunger in their communities. (Applicants for a scholarship from AAA or Step Up organization [K-12] will be asked to submit an essay; however, it is not required.)
Only the citizens of the United States are invited to apply.
31 December 2018.