DesignSingapore Scholarship is now open. This scholarship is targeted to Singapore students who are currently planning to undertake undergraduate and postgraduate program in design studies. Successful applicants will receive full tuition fees. To apply, the application must be submitted no later than 12 April 2019.
The DesignSingapore Scholarship is for individuals with creativity, drive and passion for design who aspire to be leaders in their fields of design training, so as to help develop. Singapore into Asia’s leading hub for design excellence. It is open to students and industry professionals who want to pursue a full-time (undergraduate or postgraduate) design studies at reputable local or overseas institutions.
The selected applicants may expect to receive full tuition fees only for the complete course of study. Please note, the scholarship does not provide allowance for travel, accommodation and other daily expenses.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and postgraduate degree in design related field. Preference will be given to the following studies: Design Management, Digital Design (Data Visualisation, Design Informatics, Interaction Design/User Experience Design), Service Design/Experience Design, Other fields of study that may be considered: Architecture, Fashion Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Landscape Design, Urban Design, Visual Communications.
Place of Study
In Singapore or abroad.
Eligibility and Criteria
The applicants are expected to meet the criteria below:
- Be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Have completed National Service (for male applicants)
- Have been admitted to a full-time in a reputable Singapore or overseas institution
- Postgraduate studies with at least 2 years of experiences would have an advantage.
Singapore students and permanent resident of Singapore are welcome to apply.
To apply, the eligible candidates apply this scholarship online by submitting the following documents:
- Soft copy of your portfolio in PDF format (file size less than 5MB)
- Academic results and awards
- Curriculum vitae
- 1,000-word essay of your personal perspective on design and how you hope to contribute to Singapore’s design industry upon graduation.
The hard copy of those documents also must be sent via regular post to:
DesignSingapore Scholarship Secretariat
Ministry of Communications and Information
111 Middle Road
National Design Centre
12 April 2019.