The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust is currently accepting applications for the Michael L. Condon Scholarship Program. The scholarship is exclusively open to graduate or undergraduate students studying civil engineering program at one of the defined colleges or universities below.
The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust is pleased to request applications for the Michael L. Condon Civil Engineering Scholarship which will provide scholarship funding to undergraduate and graduate civil engineering students attending the following schools: California Polytechnic State University- San Luis Obispo; California Polytechnic State University-Pomona; San Diego State University; Santa Clara University; University of California-Davis; Oregon State University; Washington State University; Montana Tech; University of Colorado-Boulder; Virginia Tech.
One scholarship, in the amount of $5,000 is awarded every year .
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in civil engineering program.
Place of Study
In the United States of America in one of the institution mentioned above.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time (as defined by the applicant’s school) in a graduate or undergraduate civil engineering program at one of the above-designated colleges and universities.
- The minimum GPA required is 3.0/4.0 or, alternatively, a “B” or its equivalent.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in the deep foundations industry.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Scholarships are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or ethnic origin.
There is no nationality restriction.
All applicants are required to submit the materials as follow:
- Completed and signed the electronic online application form
- Personal essay no more than 500 words highlighting why the applicant chose to pursue a deep foundations-related career, extra-curricular activities, leadership capabilities, long term plans and goals, and any special financial need. (Submitted with application form)
- One-page résumé, including work experience, honors, activities and organizations. (Submitted with application form)
- One sealed official transcript. (Sent to DFI Trust by mail or courier)
- Minimum of two sealed letters of recommendation, one of which must be completed by a faculty member at the applicant’s school. (Sent to DFI Trust by mail or courier)
Please anticipate the deadline in May annually.