The Diabetes Hope Foundation Scholarship is now open to students who are registered with a pediatric diabetes program/healthcare provider and is in their transition year to adult diabetes care. Only the residents of Ontario, Canada are invited to apply. Applications should be made online through the application link below.
The Diabetes Hope Foundation Scholarship Program highlights the personal triumphs of young adults who face the many responsibilities associated with diabetes management significantly enriching their lives through community and extra-curricular activities and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
In 2019, with the generous support from our scholarship program sponsors, Diabetes Hope Foundation will be awarding over 40 new scholarships to secondary students from Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia and Ontario to support their post-secondary education.
The winner of the Diabetes Hope Foundation Scholarship will receive $2,500 bursary.
Level and Area of Studies
Post-secondary education level in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Who are residents of Ontario, Canada
- Who are in their final year of high school and entering an accredited post-secondary institution in the fall of 2019.
- Who are registered with a pediatric diabetes program/healthcare provider and is in their transition year to adult diabetes care.
- Who have received care for Type 1 Diabetes or Insulin Dependent Type 2 Diabetes by a Pediatric Health Care team for a minimum of 1 year preceding this application
- Who have demonstrated competence in self-management by: (a) Regular diabetic health care follow-ups (a minimum of three visits in the past 12 months if newly diagnosed; minimum of 6 visits in the past 24 months for all others); and (b) Obtaining an endorsement letter from a member of their Paediatric Health Care team confirming their attendance and successful self-management.
Only the citizens of Ontario, Canada are invited to apply.
The application for Diabetes Hope Foundation’s scholarship program is ONLY available as an online application to be completed on the foundation’s website. Please go to the link below to apply this Diabetes Hope Foundation Scholarship.
4 March 2019.