The Ghent University is glad to offer a number of PhD Scholarship Program for students who wish to study Computational Tribology. Eligible canidates must hold Master degree in Mechanical, Physical or Chemical engineering. Only local students are welcome to apply. Expired 207 days ago, try next time!
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in Computational Tribology at Griffith University.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- You hold a Master degree in Mechanical, Physical or Chemical engineering.
- You have a strong motivation for conducting scientific research at a high level.
- You possess good analytical and technical skills
- You are interested in computational mathematics and Advanced Scientific Computing.
- Experience with programming in C++, Matlab or equivalent is an advantage.
- You have knowledge and experience with Molecular Dynamics (LAMMPS)
- Experience with Computational Fluid Dynamics is an asset.
- You take responsibility for the development of your project in a well-structured, thorough way, and you’re able to solve problems independently. You display creativity in solving problems, generating ideas or finding new ways of working.
- You have an open personality and willing to contribute to the team and participate in didactic projects.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both orally and written. Knowledge of Dutch is certainly an asset.
Only Belgium national may apply.