Aalborg University is delighted to offer two Ph.D Scholarship for domestic or overseas students who will be conducting research in the area of Music Therapy. Those who are selected will receive award that covers basic expenses of the Ph.D research. To apply, the application packet must be received no later than 1 September 2015.
The Doctoral Programme in Music Therapy at Aalborg University offers PhD education within the science of music therapy. The doctoral students are trained in a stimulating international research milieu and meets twice a year in Aalborg for one week courses where they work with the peer group, invited presenters and the supervisors. In this cross-disciplinary and enriching learning community research ideas and problems are shared, and learning has value at an academic as well as at a professional and personal level following the principles of Problem Based Learning. The aim of the doctoral training is to promote the accumulation of clinical evidence, scientific knowledge, advanced competence in research methodology, theory development and international cooperation in a collaborative atmosphere of learning.
Each of the successful applicants will receive benefit of scholarship that covers basic research expenses paid (supervision, travels, and PhD courses) but no salary and no teaching obligations in Aalborg.
Level and Area of Studies
Ph.D degree in Music Therapy.
Place of Study
At Aalborg University, Denmark.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all interested students must meet the criteria as follow:
- MA in music therapy (or equivalent)
- English language test (TOEFL or IELTS) if student is from outside Scandinavia or countries where English is not the official language
- Documented clinical expertise within a specific field
- A track record of relevant publications
There is no nationality restriction.
Please provide the application packet that consisting the following materials:
- The PhD application form
- A project description of maximum 10 pages in English
- An extensive CV (on education background, clinical practice, research experience, research courses attended, conference attendances)
- A list of publications
- A suggestion for your research budget not exceeding 70,000 DKK for all three years (covering e.g. travel, accommodation and fees related to conferences and seminars)
- Copies of 2-3 articles published by the applicant and abstract of Master’s thesis
1 September 2015.