The Donald M. Suggs Multicultural Leadership Scholarship is now open. Applications are excepted to be submitted by incoming first year students or incoming transfer students at Fontbonne University who are be able to demonstrate involvement in one of the areas named below. The winning students will receive a $2,000 financial support per year. No application will be accepted after January 25, each year.
Fontbonne University is offering the Donald M. Suggs Multicultural Leadership Scholarship. The scholarship is available for U.S. citizenship or permanent resident. The Donald M. Suggs Multicultural Leadership Scholarship promotes the recruitment and retention of academically talented, under-represented students at Fontbonne University. This scholarship is in honor of Dr. Donald M. Suggs, newspaper publisher of the St. Louis American, retired oral surgeon and a prominent community leader.
The benefits below will be given to the winners of the Donald M. Suggs Multicultural Leadership Scholarship:
- Earn up to $2,000 each year in financial assistance over a course of four (4) years.
- Develop leadership experience within the classroom, community and workplace.
- Engage in experiential learning opportunities.
- Build a beneficial mentoring relationship that fosters personal, intellectual and social growth.
- Acquire the skills and knowledge of Fontbonne culture in order to successfully navigate potential barriers to your education and to ultimately persist to graduation.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field of studies
Place of Study
At Fontbonne University, USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
- An incoming first year student or incoming transfer student.
- High school or transfer school GPA of 2.75
- ACT Score of 20 or higher
- Ethnic group that is under-represented in higher education
- Preference shall be given to students who are residents of the greater St. Louis, Missouri metropolitan area.
- Demonstration of involvement in at least one (1) of the following areas:
– Social Justice
– Community Engagement/Service
– Youth Empowerment
Eligible candidate should be the U.S. citizenship or permanent resident
Detail instruction of the application procedure can be seen at the website and application link below.
25 January every year.
For more information about the Donald M. Suggs Multicultural Leadership Scholarship, please contact Leslie Doyle, Director of Service, Diversity and Social Justice at (314) 889-4503 or ldoyle-at-fontbonne.edu.