The Association of School Business Officials (ASBO) is glad to offer the Dwight P. Jacobus Scholarship Program. The scholarship is exclusively open to those pursuing undergraduate degree at an accredited institution within Maryland or the District of Columbia and have interest in Business or Education career. Each of the successful winner will receive $1,000. No application will be accepted after March 1.
The Dwight P. Jacobus Scholarship is offed by the Association of School Business Officials (ASBO) for undergraduate students pursuing a career in Business or Education at an accredited institution within Maryland or the District of Columbia. The ASBO is a professional organization which provides programs and services to promote the highest standards of school business practices through professional development, recognition and the effective management of available resources.
Ten (10) scholarships are awarded each year and each scholarship worth of $1,000.00 amount.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Been residents of Maryland or the District of Columbia for at least one year preceding the date of award
- Been accepted for admission as a full-time student (as defined by the recipient’s attending school)
- Demonstrated a financial need
- A minimum 2.0 overall GPA
- High school graduates
- Current freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior college students
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
To apply candidates must provide the materials as follow:
- Copy of most current high school/college transcript
- Copies of parents’ and applicant’s current income tax returns
- Copy of acceptance letter from an accredited institution of higher education in Maryland or the District of Columbia
- Copy of SAT or ACT test results
- A 500-word typed essay by the applicant explaining, why he/she is uniquely qualified to receive the Dwight P. Jacobus Scholarship. The essay must include academic achievements and activities; community and civic activities and personal aim and goals.
1 March every year.
If you have any question, email at margaretellen.kalmanowicz-at-qacps.org