The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund is currently accepting applications for the Earl Warren Scholarship Program. This scholarship is purposed to support the careers of law students who are dedicated to advancing the cause of racial justice. All applicants must be enrolled at college or law school. The closing date of application is 1 May every year.
The 75th anniversary of the organization, LDF increased the Earl Warren Scholarship award to $10,000 per year and will select up to three finalists per year.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in law fields.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Have a record of academic achievement
- Be a college graduate, enrolled in the final year of college/university or enrolled in the first year of law school.
- Have demonstrate and ongoing commitment to racial justice
Only the United States citizens are invited to apply this Earl Warren Scholarship.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Copy of acceptance letter to law school
- 2 recommendation letters
- Copy of transcript from current college/university (finalists will be required to submit an official transcript)
- 1 essay
- 1 personal statement
- Copy of LSAT score
- Copy of your Student Aid Report [FAFSA]
- Finalists will be required to submit a head and shoulder photograph [passport Size] when notified
1 May every year.