The University of Curtin in Australia is accepting applications for the Edmund Rice Emerging Leaders Scholarship. The scholarship is open to any one pursuing Undergraduate degree coursework in Business and Law, Health Sciences, Humanities, Science & Engineering, and Aboriginal Studies at the university. The winner may expect to receive up to $15,000. The deadline is 13 November 2020.
The Edmund Rice Emerging Leader Scholarship supports students from a refugee background with an aspiration to pursue a career in politics. This scholarship aims to stimulate change for a better world.
The winner will receive benefits as follow:
- A total value of up to $15,000 paid as a cash stipend of $2,500 per semester. The amount can be used at the recipient’s discretion to contribute towards educational related expenses such as text books and/or general living expenses.
- Opportunity to participate in the Edmund Rice Centre WA Developing Community Leaders Initiative (highly recommended)
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree coursework in Business and Law, Health Sciences, Humanities, Science & Engineering, and Aboriginal Studies.
Place of study
The University of Curtin in Australia.
Eligibility and Requirement
- Enrolled full-time (100 credits) in an undergraduate degree at Curtin University in semester 1, 2021
- From a refugee background
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Interest in pursuing a career in politics
- An active member of a political group or similar advocacy group through the Curtin Student Guild or any other organisation that demonstrates their commitment to pursue a career in politics or international relations/diplomacy
- Willingness to participate in one or more of the following: Photograph, Event hosted by the University Advancement and Hand written thank you note to the donor
Please carefully read the application instruction at the link below.
13 November 2020.