The applications for the EFEO – ECAF Research Scholarships are now accepted. This award is exclusively open to French scholars who are willing to do research in the field of humanities or social sciences applied to the history and civilizations of Asia. Two best applicants will be evaluated to receive up to €1,360 of monthly stipend. To apply, the application packet must be submitted no later than 31 December 2017.
The French School of Far East awards scholarships to research students tenable for periods of research in an EFEO or ECAF Centre in Asia. Qualified candidates must hold BA, MA degree or a recognized equivalent qualification .
Each of the winning applicants will be granted a monthly stipend varying between 700 and 1 360 € according to the academic level of the applicant (MA or PhD student) and the country of field research in Asia.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in the field of humanities or social sciences applied to the history and civilizations of Asia.
Place of Study
At EFEO or ECAF Centres in Asia
Eligibility and Criteria
- Discipline: research in humanities or social sciences applied to the history and civilizations of Asia.
- Qualifications: applicants must hold a BA, MA degree or a recognized equivalent qualification.
- Languages: good command of the language(s) required to successfully complete the field research project, as well as a working knowledge of French.
Only French scholars are invited to apply.
The application packet must be consisting all of those documents as follow:
- a cover letter addressed to the Director of the EFEO stating the objectives of the requested field study, specifying the dates of the projected period of research, the EFEO or ECAF Centre concerned, as well as any parallel scholarship application,
- a detailed description of the research project (1-5 pages) including a work schedule and a budget,
- a curriculum vitae with copies of degrees and certificates,
- a letter of recommendation by the applicant’s thesis director or research supervisor,
- a photocopy of a valid ID (to be sent by fax or mail),
- a photocopy of the student card (to be sent by fax or mail).
31 December, 2017.