The International Women’s Media Foundation (IWMF) is pleased to invite applications for the Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship Program. This program is open to female experienced journalists who focus on human rights and social justice. The program will be conducted at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship gives academic and professional opportunities to women journalists committed to human rights and social justice reporting. During this fellowship, the selected journalist will have the chance to complete research and coursework at MIT’s Center for International Studies and participate in internships with The Boston Globe and The New York Times.
- A fixed monthly stipend will be provided to cover housing, meals, and ground transportation during the fellowship.
- Round-trip economy airfare will be purchased from the fellow’s place of residence to Washington, D.C., and from Washington, D.C., to the fellowship city.
- The fellow will receive health insurance during the program.
- The fellowship does not include a salary.
- For fellows residing outside of the United States, the fellowship also covers the costs of applying for and obtaining a U.S. visa.
- The fellow will be fully responsible for any additional incidental expenses and other costs.
Level and Area of Studies
Non-degree program in journalism fields.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship is open to women journalists worldwide whose work focuses on human rights and social justice issues.
- Journalists working in print, broadcast and/or Internet-based media, including freelancers, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years professional experience working full-time in news media. Internships do not count toward professional experience.
- All nationalities are welcome to apply but non-native English speakers must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
There is no nationality restriction to apply this Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship Program.
Application should be submitted online through the website and application link below.
March every year.