Wenner – Gren Foundations accepts applications for the Engaged Anthropology Grant. This program is available for those who have completed their Dissertation Fieldwork or Post-Ph.D. Research Grant and fulfilled the final reporting requirements. Applications are accepted twice a year by February 1 and August 1.
Maximum $5,000 will be given to the winner.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in Anthropology.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must have been funded previously through a Dissertation Fieldwork or Post-Ph.D. Research Grant and the proposed engagement activities must be a direct outgrowth of this Wenner-Gren funded research.
- Applicants must have completed their Dissertation Fieldwork or Post-Ph.D. Research Grant and fulfilled the final reporting requirements before applying for the Engaged Anthropology Grant.
- Applicants must apply within six years of the original approve date of their Dissertation Fieldwork or Post-Ph.D. Research Grant. If you do not know your official approve date, it can be accessed by looking up your name on the Grantees Section of the Wenner Gren website
- Applications are accepted from Dissertation Fieldwork grantees who are close to completing their doctorate or equivalent degree; however, the Engaged Anthropology Grant cannot be awarded until the degree is completed. Note that the Foundation requires the degree to have been completed before the start date of the engagement activity listed on the application form.
- Applicants may apply multiple times for the same or different engagement projects within the stipulated six-year period.
- If an Engaged Anthropology Grant is approved, the applicant must agree to comply with the Requirements and Conditions of the Engaged Anthropology Grant.
- Individuals cannot apply for the EAG if they have a pending application for another Wenner-Gren program.
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
Please go to the link below to see further instruction.
February 1 and August 1.