The aim of the Scholarship for Prospective English Teachers is to attract persons proficient in English to pursue relevant local bachelor degree programmes and/or teacher training programmes, which will qualify them to become English teachers upon graduation.
Each local student will be awarded HK$50,000 per year and each non-local student, HK$80,000 per year.
Level and Area of Studies
- A full-time Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree programme in English Language; or
- A full-time Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education (BA & BEd) double degree programme in English Language; or
- A full-time Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree programme in English or a relevant subject (such as Linguistics, with English as the main language of study) followed immediately by a full-time/part-time Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) programme majoring in English.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in China.
Eligibility and Criteria
Both local and non-local students may apply for the Scholarship for Prospective English Teachers (“the Scholarship”). Application is open to secondary school graduates who:
- Have attained Level 5 or above in English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination, or equivalent; and
- Will start pursuing year one study in relevant degree programmes in local higher education institutions in the 2017/18 school year.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please find the detail instruction of application procedure at the link below.
August 20 on annual basis.