The aim of the Scholarship for Prospective English Teachers is to attract persons proficient in English to pursue relevant local bachelor degree programmes and/or teacher training programmes, which will qualify them to become English teachers upon graduation.
Each local student will be awarded HK$50,000 per year and each non-local student, HK$80,000 per year.
Level and Area of Studies
- A full-time Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree programme in English Language; or
- A full-time Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education (BA & BEd) double degree programme in English Language; or
- A full-time Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree programme in English or a relevant subject (such as Linguistics, with English as the main language of study) followed immediately by a full-time/part-time Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) programme majoring in English.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in China.
Eligibility and Criteria
Both local and non-local students may apply for the Scholarship for Prospective English Teachers (“the Scholarship”). Application is open to secondary school graduates who:
- Have attained Level 5 or above in English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) Examination, or equivalent; and
- Will start pursuing year one study in relevant degree programmes in local higher education institutions.
There is no nationality restriction.
Please find the detail instruction of application procedure at the link below.
August 20 on annual basis.