Applications for the Erasmus Mundus PhD Fellowship are now being accepted. Eligible candidates should be accepted to the Sustainable Industrial Chemistry (SINCHEM) Program. He or she must hold 2nd Level Master Degree on relevant subjects. The winning students will receive a range of benefits including fixed living allowance will be 2800 Euro/month. The application deadline is 20 January 2017.
Erasmus Mundus is a certification of excellence which is delivered by the European community to the best international doctorate programmes in Europe, and it is supported by very attractive scholarships. There are excellent fellowship opportunities for students accepted to the SINCHEM Programme. The offer of scholarships depends on the category to which the candidate belongs. Candidates are required to demonstrate their proficiency in English, either by proving that some of their previous studies were successfully completed in English (minimum two years), or by submitting the results of a recognized language proficiency test.
The gross amounts (cost to company) of individual EMJD fellowships for fixed living allowance will be 2800 Euro/month. The net amount of salary will result from deducting all relevant charges and taxes according to national regulations (minimum 1400 Euro/month).
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in Sustainable Industrial Chemistry (SINCHEM)
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Europe.
Eligibility and Criteria
- General admission criteria: Candidates must hold a 2nd Level Master Degree or a Single-Cycle Degree in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Bio-Engineering, Materials Science, or equivalent degree in a pertinent field, awarded by a College, University or Technical School with recognized standing.
- Students can apply even if they have not finished their master or engineering studies within their application deadline as long as they will have finished by October 1st of the year they intend to start their PhD.
- Language requirements: Candidates are required to demonstrate their proficiency in English, either by proving that some of their previous studies were successfully completed in English (minimum two years), or by submitting the results of a recognized language proficiency test.
- Knowledge of other relevant languages like German, French and Italian is favorable.
- Erasmus Mundus Category A (Partner Country Candidates) scholarships are reserved for applicants who: do not come from an EU-area country (EU Member States, Croatia, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein); applicants from Western Balkans (from Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia) can apply for Category A scholarships;
- Erasmus Mundus Category B scholarships (Programme Country Candidates) are reserved for applicants who do not fulfill the Category A criteria defined above. Applicants from Turkey, FYROM (Macedonia), Switzerland can apply for Category B scholarships.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
– Filled Application Form
– CV (European format)
– Degree certificate/Academic Transcript
– Letter of motivation
– 2 Reference letters
– Official Proof of English
– passport-sized photograph
– Copy of passport.
January 20th, 2017