Together We Rise is delighted to invite applications for the Family Fellowship Scholarship Program. Eligible candidates must be the United States citzens pursuing master or bachelor degree in CA, CO, TX, MD, NY. The scholarship winner will receive financial support and continued guidance during & after the scholarship tenure.
The objective of our Family Fellowship Scholarship Program is to offer family-like financial and emotional support to college-bound, “aging out” foster youth. As part of our family initiative, we will also be a support system for our Fellows and provide things such as mentorship, care packages, winter bonding trips, and more. In addition, we will also offer the following financial support for up to five years: Tuition Support, School Supplies, Textbooks, Laptop/printer, Academic Assistance/Tutoring, Housing allowance, and Dorm supplies.
Each student chosen recieves up to $90,000 with the goal of not only providing financial support, but continued guidance during & after their tenure.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and master degree in any discipline.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in at college or university in CA, CO, TX, MD, NY – USA.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Aging out foster youth between the ages of 17-23 years old. Must be 24 years of age or younger before June 1, 2019.
- Have graduated from high school or currently be a high school senior with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Have been in foster care while living in the United States.
- Have been in public or private foster care for the 12 consecutive months leading up to and including their 18th birthday; OR have been adopted or placed into legal guardianship from foster care after their 13th birthday; OR they have been orphaned for at least one year at the time of their 18th birthday.
- Have been accepted into or expect to be accepted into an accredited, Pell-eligible college or other post-secondary school (ex: trade school, cosmetology school, etc.).
Only the citizens of the United States may apply this Family Fellowship Scholarship Program.
To apply, students are required to fill the application form online. All required documents must be sent together. Applications missing any of the required documents will be considered incomplete and will not be eligible for the fellowship. Filling out this application does not guarantee support.
1 May 2019.