Entries for the Teen Travel Writing Scholarship are now being accepted. Eligible candidates should be junior or high school students in USA, Canada or American international school abroad. Up to $1,000 will be given to the winning students. To apply, candidates are required to submit their entries by July 14, 2017.
Family Travel Forum’s 10th annual, simple-to-apply for, teen travel blogging scholarship offers cash grants for great writing. Family Travel Forum invites you to submit travel blogs that are serious, funny or contemplative, as long as they are informative.
The top winners will receive cash awards of $1000, $500 and $250 as well as a GoBag Travel Bag provided by Allianz Global Assistance USA. Twenty finalists will win honorable mention awards and travel gifts.
Level and Area of Studies
High school level in any field of studies.
Place of Study
In the United States or Canada, or an American international school abroad, or be enrolled in a U.S. home school program.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must be aged 13-18 and attending grades 8-12.
- Applicants must be attending junior high or high school in the United States or Canada, or an American international school abroad, or be enrolled in a U.S. home school program.
- If you are attending a junior high or high school in either Canada or the United States, or an International American or military-sponsored school abroad, you are considered eligible for a Family Travel Forum Teen Travel Writing Scholarship.
The U.S. and Canadian citizens are invited to apply.
Essay must be submitted online at the link below. The essay must be addressing the topic as follow: Have you taken an unexpectedly wonderful or terrible but funny trip with your family? Or have you journeyed somewhere with a school group or sports team and have some advice on how to make the most of your experience or destination? Have you gone somewhere near or far that opened up new ways of looking at the world?.
- Travel blogs must be no more than 600 words in length, and the trip must have been taken in the last five years.
- Entries must include text and be illustrated by at least one photo, digital artwork or video. (In addition to the personal photograph on your profile)
- Travel essays must include practical details so that others can follow in your footsteps. Details should include names of attractions, museums, theme parks, resorts, restaurants, the local beach, etc. with URLs as appropriate.
July 14, 2017.