The Foundation of the Republic of Austria is offering a number of scholarships for international students. The scholarships are given to support students conducting research on their diploma or master thesis or their dissertation at scientific research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive). Expired 138 days ago, try next time!
- Monthly Scholarship Installment: 1.050 EUR
- Health insurance: OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate 55 to 200 EUR (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health). The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
- Accommodation: It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing Office.The monthly costs are 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD Housing Office for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
- Travel Costs: Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA, EEA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in Natural Sciences, Technical Sciences, Human Medicine, Health Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Austria.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Descendants of forced laborers (regardless of their country of origin)
- Or people coming from countries that have suffered exceptionally from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced laborers.
- Students meeting the above-mentioned criteria can apply to pursue research on their diploma or master thesis or their dissertation.
- No scholarships are awarded for Bachelor-, Master- or Doctoral/PhD studies pursued in Austria, summer courses, language courses, clinical trainee ships or internships.
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- Age limit: Doctoral students: 40 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2015: born on or after March 1, 1975)
- for other students: 35 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline March 1, 2015: born on or after March 1, 1980)
There is no nationality restriction.
1 March 2019.