The Cologne Graduate School of Ageing Research of Cologne University in Germany is offering 12 fully funded fellowship for outstanding university graduates wishing to work towards a Ph.D. in the fields of ageing and age-related diseases. Students from all countries are welcome to apply. Expired 14 days ago, try next time!
We offer an international research environment, characterized by outstanding ageing research, excellent supervision, early independence in research and state-of-the-art facilities. We are dedicated to providing first-class conditions for young scientists in a cutting edge and inspiring environment. Our competitive PhD programme provides a world-class starting platform for a successful career in science. The programme is highly selective and invites outstanding university graduates wishing to work towards a PhD in the fields of ageing and age-related diseases to become part of the vibrant and international research scene in the Cologne/Bonn area.
Fellows will receive benefits as follow:
- An outstanding international research environment at one of the most prestigious ageing research clusters in Europe
- Excellent infrastructure for training and research by internationally recognized scientists in facilities with state-of-the-art technologies
- D. projects that can be carried out in up to 55 participating research groups of the above-mentioned institutes
- An interdisciplinary and structured Ph.D. programme in the vibrant city of Cologne, Germany, completely conducted in English
- An individual 3-year career mentoring programme, extensive methods courses and soft skill workshops
- Intensive support and guidance for international students in all administrative matters
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program in the fields of ageing and age-related diseases.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Highly qualified and motivated students holding an M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Cell/ Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biophysics, Bioinformatics, Translational Medicine or a related field
- A new generation of biomedical scientists who are eager to make fundamental scientific discoveries in the basic biology of ageing and may translate them into improvements in health and life for people as they grow older.
There is no nationality restriction.
7 January 2018.