FWO is calling applications for a number of Special PhD fellowship Programmes. This program is intended to students who have a master degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland.
The special PhD fellowship enables persons not employed within scientific research to complete a PhD within one year. Applicants must be in possession of a “temporary leave” certificate issued by their current employer.
Net scholarship amount: identical to the last net salary of the main activity
Level and Area of Studies
PhD degree in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Belgium.
Eligibility and Criteria
- You have a master degree from one of the countries of the EU or the EER or Switzerland.
- You are permanently employed.
- You are not professionally involved in scientific research.
- Your employer is willing to give you temporary leave or unpaid leave for 1 year. You are entitled to return to your job after the leave ends.
- You relinquish any secondary activity and associated remuneration.
- You have not previously received an FWO fellowship (not even in part).
- Clinicians cannot apply for a special PhD fellowship. They can apply for a clinical PhD fellowship.
- You agree with the Research Integrity Clause
There is no nationality restriction.
2 March 2020.