The Georgia Scholarship is now available for Georgia students who are actively involved in Community Service. All candidates must be pursuing degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or related field. Successful applicants will receive $1, 000. Entries must be submitted by 31 August 2020.
The Georgia Scholarship for Community Service is a $1,000 award granted to one freshman, sophomore, or junior year student who is currently pursuing a degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field. Eligible scholarship recipients will have earned significant community service and/or volunteering experience. This experience can extend into a number of endeavors, such as youth programs, environmental causes, learning initiatives, leadership agendas, and community building activities.
The scholarship winner will receive $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in advertising, marketing, communications, or related field.
Place of study
At any accredited BNinstitution in Georgia, USA.
Eligibility and Requirement
The Georgia Scholarship for Community Service by Captivate Search Marketing is available to achievement-oriented college students who meet three primary criteria:
- You are currently enrolled in (as a freshman, sophomore, or junior) or have been accepted to an accredited college or university based in Georgia,
- You are currently studying or intend to pursue a degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or related field,
- You have positively impacted society and/or the environment by displaying significant involvement in community service, volunteering, or related contributions.
- Show current transcript or related documentation proving a minimum average GPA of 3.0 at an accredited university, community college, or High School (for graduated Seniors entering college) in the state of Georgia.
- Prove significant experience in community service or volunteering a particular cause, initiative, or program
- Produce a video essay no longer than 3 minutes OR a written essay no longer than 800 words on one of the topics below.
- Submit the application form, attaching (or linking to) essay and transcript
In order to apply, please submit an essay on one of following topic:
- Discuss a role you had in a community service initiative and how it made a positive impact.
- Describe a problem taking place in your local community and what efforts you put forth in helping to act against the problem.
- Share your experience volunteering for a community project or initiative that has resulted in positive changes or better quality of life for others or the environment.
31 August 2020.