The Gerda Henkel Stiftung Research Grant is now open. This program will support scholars who are working on Ph.D. or research projects which is generally tenable between one and 24 months. Fellows will receive benefits of fully – funded fellowship. No application will be accepted after 13 June 2018.
Applications for Gerda Henkel Stiftung scholarships can be made directly by Postdocs or scholars with Post Doctoral Lecture Qualification . A research scholarship is usually applied for by one scholar who will work on a specific project on his own. An institutional affiliation is not necessary. The simultaneous receipt of salary or retirement pension and a research scholarship is not possible. The period of support for Foundation stipend holders working on Ph.D. or research projects can be extended by up to 12 months if the holder becomes a parent during the period covered by the stipend and has an entitlement to maternity or parental leave. Individual arrangements must be discussed with the Foundation’s administrative office.
The fellowship will cover the benefits as follow:
– basic scholarship sum
- supplement for travel abroad (monthly endowment for stays of for weeks or more)
- family grant award (for children who have not yet turned 18 under presentation of the child’s birth certificate), and if required; travel expenses and material expenses
Level and Area of Studies
Research and doctoral program in any field.
Place of Study
The study can be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applications for a “research scholarship for post-doctoral researchers” may only be made if applicants received their PhD within the last ten years. The relevant date is that on the PhD certificate. (This restriction does not apply to research scholarships after Post Doctoral Lecture Qualification.)
- The dissertation must have already been published at the time the application is made. The presentation of a publishing contract is not sufficient in this regard.
- The topic of the proposed research project must clearly differ from the topic of the PhD thesis.
There is no citizenship requirement to apply the Gerda Henkel Stiftung research grant.
Please click the link below to see detail instruction of application procedure.
13 June 2018.