The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) is pleased to offer a number of Getty/ACLS Postdoctoral Fellowships. Students from all over the world are welcome to apply. The aim of these fellowships is to award each student with a salary-replacement stipend of $60,000, plus $5,000 for research and travel during the award period.
- ACLS will award 10 fellowships, each with a salary-replacement stipend of $60,000, plus $5,000 for research and travel during the award period.
- Awards also will include a one-week residence at the Getty Research Institute following the fellowship period.
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral program in the field of History of Art.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants must have a PhD that was conferred between September 1, 2014 and December 31, 2018.
- Applicants who earned their PhDs in and/or are currently employed in any humanistic field may apply, so long as they demonstrate that their research draws substantially on the materials, methods, and/or findings of art history, and contributes to the field. Scholars may propose new approaches to art historical scholarship and/or explore connections between art history and other humanistic disciplines.
- This program welcomes proposals from applicants without restriction as to citizenship, country of residency, location of work proposed, or employment.
- An application must be completed in English by the applicant.
There is no citizenship requirement.