University of Ghent is pleased to offer a number of Special Research Fund-Doctoral Scholarships. Those awards are exclusively open to candidates from developing countries. Winners will receive benefit of approximately € 1.958 per month.
The University of Ghent is offering Special Research Fund-Doctoral Scholarships for Developing Countries. Ghent University Scholarships are available for PhD students who wish to carry out half of their PhD research at Ghent University and half at a university in a developing country.
The value of the scholarship at Ghent University depends on, a.o., the researcher’s family situation and is approximately € 1.958 per month. The Ghent University promoter also receives a bench fee of €15.440 to cover (part of) the operational costs, as well as the travelling costs of the student and both the Ghent University and the local promoter.
Level and Area of Studies
Research doctoral program in any field.
Place of Study
The program can be taken in Belgiun or developing countries.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Candidates need to come from – and have the nationality of – a developing country (see country list);
- There must be a guarantee that the candidate will be able to work on the PhD project at the partner university in a selected developing country (South). This implies that there must be a local PhD supervisor at the partner university or research center.
- A written statement is requested from the university authorities stating that the candidate is either a fulltime PhD student or a staff member of this university and will be sufficiently exempted from teaching or other assignments as to be able to fully concentrate on the PhD research in the South.
- This statement should also mention that the candidate receives a local PhD scholarship or salary when working on the PhD at the partner university in the South.
- CSC scholarship holders are not eligible to apply for a Doctoral grants for researchers from developing countries. CSC students are referred to the call Cofunding for Chinese candidates PhD candidates holding a CSC scholarship (deadline October 2017).
This scholarship program is specially available the citizens of developing countries.
Application form can be downloaded from the link below.
4 March 2019.