Keio University is glad to invite applications for the GIGA Scholarship Program for 2018/19 academic year. This call is inteded to international students who have been admitted to the Faculty of Policy Management or the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies in September 2018. There are two types of scholarships will be given away; Mentor Mitakai Scholarship and Masatada Kobayashi Scholarship. The deadline is 13 February 2018.
Mentor Mitakai Scholarship for International Students:
- Admission Fee and Academic Fees for one year. The scholarship recipient will be exempt from payment of the admission fee and academic fees for one year starting September 2018. (For students who show exceptional academic excellence only)
- Merit Scholarship Supplement JPY 1,200,000 per year. Students who show exceptional academic excellence will also receive the scholarship supplement.
Masatada Kobayashi Scholarship for International Students: JPY 1,000,000 per year. The scholarship will be appropriated to the payment of academic fees required at the time of entering the University. The scholarship amount less the academic fees for the 2017 Fall Semester will be paid into the scholarship recipient’s bank account.
Level and Area of Studies
Bachelor program to study Global Information and Governance Academic (GIGA) Program.
Place of Study
At Keio University in Japan.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be accepted through Admissions for Overseas Students (GIGA Program) to enter the Faculty of Policy Management or the Faculty of Environment and Information Studies in September 2018
- Be an incoming first-year student
- Be a foreign national
- Persons who hold any of the following Japanese residency statuses are not eligible to receive: Permanent Resident, Special Permanent Resident, Spouse or Child of Japanese National, Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident, or Long Term Resident.
Scholarships are open to international students.
All candidates are advised to learn the detail instruction of application at the website and application link below.
13 February 2018.