The German Historical Institute in Moscow (GIIM) is delighted to offer a scholarship Russian students who are currently working on dissertation. The selected scholars will be involved to work in Moscow libraries and archives for 1 to 3 months period. The grantees will also receive a-monthly stipend. To apply, the completed application form must be submitted no later than May 15, 2016.
German Historical Institute in Moscow (GIIM) offers a September 2016 scholarships for graduate students involved in the German or Russian / Ukrainian / Belarusian history and the history of other post-Soviet states (1 to 3 months).
The successful applicants may expect to receive a monthly stipend which is determined by GIIM based on German standards.
Level and Area of Studies
Graduate program (dissertation) in the field of history of Germany, Russia, former Soviet republics, as well as the German-Russian / Soviet relations.
Place of Study
The program can be taken in Russia.
Eligibility and Criteria
The main requirements of this scholarship is that candidates should be working on a dissertation on the history of Germany, Russia, former Soviet republics, as well as the German-Russian / Soviet relations.
Only Russian students may apply this scholarship.
To apply, the eligible candidates must be able to provide the documents as follow:
- A summary of the topic of the thesis and the work already done on the subject work.
- Rationale for your stay in Moscow (which libraries, or institutions you are going to visit)
- Recommendation of the supervisor (or another scientist, a specialist in this area)
- A brief curriculum vitae (with a list of publications, if any)
- Photocopy of diploma student.
May 15, 2016.