Each year, Michigan State University accepts applications for the Global Spartan Leadership. This program is intended to international students pursuing undergraduate degree at the university. Winner will receive benefit of $8,000 and opportunity to participate in a fully funded spring break service learning trip, which is led by program instructors and 2 participant site leaders.
During the Global Spartan Leadership Program (GSLP) international undergraduate participants will receive training on global leadership, attend cultural events, join service learning projects and receive an $8000 scholarship upon successful completion of the program requirements. GSLP promotes leadership development that is inclusive, purposeful, collaborative, and values-based.
- International students who successfully complete all requirements of the program will earn an $8,000 scholarship to assist with their tuition and other education-related expenses.
- Participants will also participate in a fully funded spring break service learning trip, which is led by program instructors and 2 participant site leaders.
Level & Area of Studies
Undegraduate degree in any field of studies.
Place of study
Michigan State University in the United States.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking international undergraduate student in sophomore or junior status for the entire academic year
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must commit to attending a non-credit weekly seminar during the fall and spring semesters and complete all assignments
- Must have time to give presentations during fall and spring semesters
- Must commit to spending spring break with the Global Spartan Leadership Program Alternative Spartan Break
- Must demonstrate the need for tuition assistance
- Must attend cultural and leadership events/conferences
For questions or more information of application procedure, please contact Nicole Namy, email@example.com or 517-353-1720.
Global Spartan Leaders are selected each spring for the following academic year.