A number of GO STYRIA Scholarship Programmes are now available. Those scholarships will be given to students from South-Eastern Europe who are pursuing Master and Doctoral students as well as Post-Doctoral programmes at the University of Graz in Austria.
The Department for Scientific Affairs of the Province of Styria takes a very strong interest in the process of South-Eastern European integration. Styria, as a link between the EU and Eastern/South-Eastern Europe, adopts an active role in the scientific and cultural exchange between the countries and has the necessary preconditions to integrate the research competences and to utilize the available synergetic opportunities.
The winners of the GO STYRIA Scholarship Programme will receive benefits as follow:
- Master/PhD: grant in the amount of EUR 600 per month incl. tuition fee waiver at the University of Graz
- PostDoc: grant in the amount of EUR 900 per month
Level and Area of Studies
Master, PhD and Posdoctoral programme in any available course.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at the University of Graz in Austria.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Candidates applying for GO STYRIA Scholarship must be currently enrolled at universities in South-Eastern Europe and be registered during the winter semester.
- Applicants currently must be working on their Master of doctoral thesis.
- Candidates must be intending to the University of Graz as exchange students in order to complete the degree at their home universities.
- Postdoctoral applicants must have received their Ph.D. degree with outstanding results not more than a year ago at the time of application.
- Graduates of doctoral programs from the University of Graz are not eligible to apply for GO STYRIA Scholarship.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other scholarships while using Go Styria.
- The maximum duration of the scholarship is 4 months while it can be granted for shorter durations also.
- Postdoctoral students must submit their documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
The GO STYRIA Scholarship Programme is only open to the citizens of South-Eastern Europe (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” (F.Y.R.O.M.), Albania, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Moldova).
To apply, applicants are required to submit the documents as follow:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Research Proposal.
- sample invitation letter.
- brief explanation describing why they are applying for a scholarship and requesting an invitation letter (for Masters/Ph.D. students).
- a brief explanation of the which scholarship they are applying for (for Postdoctoral students).
8 April 2019.