Entries for the Goodwin & Scieszka Scholarship are now invited. This essay contest is open to law students at an accredited law school in the United States. Three winners will be chosen to receive $1,000 and $500 prizes. To apply, contestants must submit their essay by June 1st annually.
After more than 26 years of providing pro bono work with our annual Law Day, we have fitted over ten thousand free bike helmets, distributed free smoke detectors, and dispensed free legal advice as a way to give back to the community. Now we are pleased to support the future lawyers of America with the launch of the first ever Goodwin & Scieszka Scholarship, awarded to three high-achieving, bright students intending to pursue a career in law.
One grand prize of $1,000 and two runner-up of $500 each.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in law subjects.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicant must be either a current law student at an accredited law school within the U.S. or at an accredited undergraduate university planning to attend law school.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their transcript.
The U.S citizens are invited to apply.
To apply the Goodwin & Scieszka Scholarship, please choose one of the following prompts provided for your essay. Essays must be between 500 and 1000 words.
- In your opinion, what law is most out of date and should be rectified or repealed?
- What future do you foresee for legal marketing with the inclusion of social media?
June 1st every year.