The Graham Foundation is pleased to invite applications for the Carter Manny Award Program. Those who are currently working on their PhD dissertion are invited to apply. Up to $35,000 will be given to the winning applicant. The closing date of application is November 15, every year.
The Graham Foundation is offering two Carter Manny Awards one for a student at the research stage and other for a student at the writing stage of the doctoral dissertation. The award is supporting to dissertation research and writing by promising scholars whose projects have architecture as their primary focus and the potential to shape architectural discourse.
The Carter Many Awards will provide up to $15,000 for the research award and up to $20,000 for the writing award.
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral program (dissertation) in Architecture.
Place of Study
In the United States of America or Canada
Eligibility and Criteria
- Ph.d. Students who are presently candidates for a doctoral degree are eligible to apply
- Students must be nominated by their department to apply for the Carter Manny Award
- A department may nominate up to two candidates: one for the research award and one for the writing award
- At the time of application, students must have completed all requirements for the ph.d. Except the dissertation and have had their dissertation proposals formally approved by their academic departments
- A student may reapply for the award if a previous application was not successful. Due to limited funds, a student who received a research award or a writing award is not eligible to apply for another award in subsequent years
- The award is open to students officially enrolled in schools in the U.S. and Canada, regardless of citizenship.
- Work being undertaken in pursuit of an academic degree is not otherwise eligible for graham foundation support
There is no nationality restriction.
Please click the link below to see detail instruction of application procedure.
15 November each year.