The Graywolf Press Citizen Literary Fellowship Program is now open. This call is exclusively intended to those are interested in publishing industry. Interesting salary and insurance will.be given to the winning fellows. To apply, all required materials must be received no later than the defined deadline below.
Fellows will receive compensation which includes $20,000 (paid twice monthly as regular wages), paid time off, and health and dental insurance.
Level and Area of Studies
Non – degree program in the area that related to publishing industry.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- A person who is interested in learning more about the publishing industry through an introductory, hands-on experience.
- It is intended to attract candidates who otherwise would not have access to publishing and to, therefore, increase the diversity and inclusivity of the industry.
- They are flexible regarding the educational background of the candidate, but this position is not intended for those attending school full time.
The United States citizens may apply this Graywolf Press Citizen Literary Fellowship Program.
To apply, students must provide a cover letter addressed to Leslie Johnson, managing director, that answers the following questions:
- Why are you interested in publishing, and what areas of publishing are you curious about pursuing?
- Which books or authors have most influenced your taste in or thoughts on literature?
- What support would help you move forward in your career, and what are your long-term career ambitions?
In addition, they must submit one-page, single-spaced discussion of a contemporary book that focuses on one or more of the following items: critique, personal response, cultural context, marketing/positioning, or why you would recommend this book to a friend.
- Winter: resumes accepted between October 1st and November 1st of the previous year.
- Summer: resumes accepted between February 1st and March 1st. (Please note: Since summer internships are particularly competitive, consider applying for a winter or fall internship if you can.)
- Fall: resumes accepted between July 1st and August 1st.