The University of Hamburg is calling applications for a number of international scholarship program. Students from all over the world are welcome to apply. Maximum 29 years of age for for master or 33 years for doctoral candidates.
- The maximum monthly funding sum is €650. Depending on the availability of funding, individual doctoral researchers may be awarded a merit scholarship totalling €1,000 per month (e.g., through a DAAD STIBET doctoral scholarship).
- Merit scholarships are awarded for 2 semesters (total of 12 months). After 6 months of funding, you must submit a report on the progress of your studies and your internationalization activities for Universität Hamburg.
Level and Area of Studies
Master and doctoral degree in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Are pursuing an academic degree at Universität Hamburg and have been enrolled in your degree program for at least 2 semesters;
- Do not hold German citizenship;
- Are not eligible for the federal student loan scheme (BAföG);
- Demonstrate good to excellent academic performance;
- are prepared to get actively involved in Universität Hamburg’s internationalization;
- will reside in Hamburg during the entire funding period;
- are in financial need.
All nationals other than German are eligible