Up to 60 research fellowship awards are offered by Harry Ransom Center at the University of Texas. Both the U.S and international scholars are welcome to apply. He or she will be conducting research in humanity-related field at the University of Texas. The winning fellows will receive $3,000 per month plus travel stipend and dissertation fellowship. Expired 62 days ago, try next time!
The Harry Ransom Center will award approximately 60 fellowships for projects that require substantial on-site use of its collections. The fellowships support research in all areas of the humanities, including literature, photography, film, art, the performing arts, music, and cultural history.
Each of the successful fellows will receive the benefit as follow:
- One to three month fellowships ($3,500 per month): One- to three-month fellowships are available for post-doctoral or independent scholars whose projects require extensive work with the Ransom Center’s collections.
- Travel Stipends $2,000: Travel stipends are available for post-doctoral or independent scholars whose projects require less than one month’s work with the Center’s collections. Travel stipends may not be combined with other Ransom Center fellowships.
- Dissertation Fellowships ($2,000): Dissertation fellowships, generously supported by the Creekmore and Adele Fath Charitable Foundation and The University of Texas at Austin Officeof Graduate Studies, are available for graduate students whose doctoral dissertations require use of the Center’s collections.
Level and Area of Studies
Research and PhD program in all areas of the humanities, including literature, photography, film, art, the performing arts, music, and cultural history.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- United States citizens and foreign nationals are eligible to apply. Previous recipients of Ransom Center fellowships are eligible to reapply after two full fellowship cycles have passed.
- Applicants for one- to three-month fellowships and travel stipends must have a Ph.D. or be an independent scholar with a substantial record of achievement. If the Ph.D. is in-progress at the time of application, the proposal and letters of recommendation must clearly indicate completion by June 1, 2016.
- Applicants for dissertation fellowships must be doctoral candidates engaged in dissertation research by the time of application.
U.S and International students are welcome to apply.
You must learn the application guideline at the website and application link below.
November 15, 2018