Applications for the Helen Hay Whitney Foundation Fellowship are now being invited. This award is purposed to support Postdoctoral research training programme in the area of biomedical sciences. Both the U.S. and overseas scholars are welcome to apply. Those are selected will receive benefit of stipend and research allowance which are tenable for up to three years.
Each of the winning fellows will receive benefit as follow:
- Stipend :1st year $542,000, 2nd year $57,000 and 3rd year $60,000
- Research Allowance: $1,500 per year.
- Travel expenses
Level and Area of Studies
Postdoctoral research in all basic biomedical sciences.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Candidates who hold, or are in the final stages of obtaining a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and are seeking beginning postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research are eligible to apply for a fellowship.
- Fellowships may be awarded to US citizens planning to work in laboratories either in the US, Canada, or abroad and also to foreign citizens for research in laboratories in the US only. We expect that most applicants will reside in North America at the time of application.
- Applications from established scientists or advanced fellows will not be considered. The fellowships are for early postdoctoral training only. Clinical house-staff training does not count as “postdoctoral laboratory training.”
- The Foundation will not ordinarily consider applicants who plan tenure of the fellowship in the laboratory in which they have already received extensive predoctoral or postdoctoraltraining.
- Since the number of available fellowships is limited, the Foundation does not make more than one award per year for training with a given supervisor. It also does not support more than two fellows per laboratory at one time.
There is no nationality restriction.
Application should be made through the online system at the application link below.
Applications must be received by The Helen Hay Whitney Foundation no later than 5:00pm EST, June 15, 2020. Late applications will not be considered.