HORIZONS Scholarship is now open to students who are interested in pursuing career in defense and national security areas. Eligible students should be U.S undergraduate or graduate students who are currently being enrolled at an accredited college in the USA. This HORIZONS Scholarship is available on annual basis.
This scholarship encourages the female students to have career in national security and defense careers. The applicants of the HORIZONS Scholarship will be selected based on their academic achievement, participation in defense and national security activities, field of study, work experience, statements of objectives, recommendations, and financial need.
There is no detail information, please contact the scholarship administrator for further information.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and graduate level in defense and national security area. Please note, several fields are focused as follow: security studies, military history, government relations, engineering, computer science, cyber security, physics, mathematics, business (as it relates to national security or defense), law (as it relates to national security or defense), international relations, political science, and economics.
Place of Study
In the United States of America
Eligibility and Criteria
The applicants will be considered only if they meets the criteria as follow:
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited university or college, either full-time or part- time.
- Undergraduate and graduate students are eligible; undergraduates must have attained at least junior level status (60 credits)
- Demonstrate interest in pursuing a career related to national security or defense.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.25.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
U.S students are welcome to apply.
Interested candidates must provide all the following documents:
– Completed application
– One essay (three segments)
– Official academic transcripts
– Two recommendation letters
– Proof of U.S. Citizenship
These documents must be sent to WID HORIZONS, 2111 Wilson Blvd., Suite 400, Arlington, VA 22201-3061.
Please anticipate the deadline in June every year.