The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJI) is pleased to announce that the 8th cycle of the Council for Higher Education in Israel Planning and Budgeting Committee (PBC) Scholarship Program for outstanding postdoctoral fellows from China and India has been published.Expired 178 days ago, try next time!
NIS 115,000 per year, of which NIS 46,000 will be paid by the supervisor (NIS 41,000 scholarship and NIS 5,000 travel).
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in any discipline.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in Israel.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Candidates must apply to the university by 11.11.2018 and the university must submit its candidates via the application form by 30.11.2018.
- Universities may set a different internal deadline, but they may not submit applications to the PBC later than the date stated above.
- All candidates shall be citizens of China or India, and shall not hold Israeli citizenship. Candidates who have Indian or Chinese citizenships and have completed their doctoral degrees in an institution outside of China or India are also eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Candidates must hold a doctorate or post-doctorate degree for whom, on the date of publishing this notice (8 August 2018), no more than one year has passed since their last academic position and no more than five years have passed from the date of receiving a doctoral degree.
- Candidates may be submitted who have not yet received their doctoral degree by the date of submission, on condition that they will provide confirmation from the relevant authority where the doctorate is being carried out, authorizing that the candidate will fulfill all of his/her academic obligations and is expected to receive his/her doctoral degree during his/her first year of study in Israel. If the candidate does not receive the doctoral degree during the first year of his/her stay in Israel, he/she will not be able to continue his/her activities and the institution will terminate his/her fellowship.
- The candidates should intend to conduct research in their academic field on a full-time basis in an established research team in a university in Israel, under the training of a researcher who is a faculty member in the university.
- Candidates who commenced a post-doctoral position in Israel prior to the publication of this notice (8 August 2018) are not eligible to apply for the fellowship.
Only Chinese and Indian citizens are welcome to apply.