The University of Glasgow accepts applications for the Humanitarian Scholarship Program every year. Eligible candidate must already hold a conditional or unconditional offer for study at the University of Glasgow. The scholarship is open to international students. Applications are accepted annually.
The winner will be awarded benefit as follow:
- Full tuition fee waiver for the duration of study
- £5,000 per year stipend
- Accommodation costs for the duration of study (University of Glasgow accommodation only)
- For applicants with refugee status: £5000 per year stipend towards living costs per year of study
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and postgraduate in any available fields.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for study at the University of Glasgow
- have submitted, or are the dependant of someone who has submitted, an application to the Home Office for recognition as a Refugee under the 1951 UN Convention on the Status of Refugees (hereafter “The Convention”) and not yet received a decision from the Home Office on that application; or
- have been offered leave to remain in the UK on the grounds of Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights or under Paragraphs 276ADE – 276DH of the UK Immigration Rules, provided that the student has not become eligible for Student Support from the relevant student funding body in Scotland, England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
International students are welcome to apply.