The Ian Axford Fellowships are now open. Applications will be accepted through April, 1 every year. Only U.S professionals are invited to apply. He or she will spend 7 months doing research in Public Policy in New Zealand. Up to NZ$58,500 are granted annually for two to four winning fellows.
Fulbright New Zealand Organization is glad to offer Ian Axford Fellowships in Public Policy. The fellowship provides opportunity for outstanding mid-career American professionals to research and gain firsthand experience of public policy in New Zealand. Two to four fellowships valued at up to NZ$58,500 are granted each year, towards seven months of research.
The winning fellows will be granted benefits as follow:
- Return airfares for the Fellow, their partner and two children up to age 18.
- Stipend of: NZ$1,500 per month for 7 months if on paid leave with full salary, NZ$2,500 per month for 7 months if on paid leave with partial salary, and NZ$5,000 per month for 7 months if unable to obtain paid leave.
- Additional family allowance of NZ$1,500 per month for family to accompany a fellow (provided partner is without employment, grant or fellowship).
- Participation in an orientation programme run by Fulbright New Zealand during your stay in New Zealand.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in Public Policy.
Place of Study
The research will be taken in New Zealand.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be a US citizen with at least five years of experience in your profession.
- Be a mid-career professional active in any part of the public, business or non-profit sector.
- Be a potential leader and opinion-former in your chosen field.
- Have an interest in learning from your experience in New Zealand and capable of putting to effective use in the US, any policy lessons learned.
Only the U.S citizens are invited to apply.
Please see the detail instruction at the website and application link below.
1 April every year.