The applications for the Netaji Subhas-ICAR Fellowships are now accepted. Either Indian and foreign students are welcome to apply this fellowship. To be eligible, he or she must be pursuing PhD program in the field of agriculture and allied sciences either in India or abroad. Up to 30 awards available each year. Value of those depending on the place of studies, India or abroad.
In its continued efforts towards enhancing and sustaining the standards, quality and relevance of higher agricultural education in the country, the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) here-in-after, referred as the Council, has instituted International Fellowships with dual purpose of (i) human resource development in cutting edge technologies, and (ii) demonstrating the strength of Indian agricultural system abroad. The objective is to develop competent human resource that are trained in the identified best laboratories in the world (for Indian candidates) and similarly expose overseas candidates to the best Indian Agricultural Universities (AUs) in the ICAR-AU system (comprising of State Agricultural Universities, Central Agricultural University Imphal, ICAR-Deemed Universities, Allahabad Agricultural Institute-DU, Central Universities having agricultural faculty) for creating a pool of scientist-envoys for enhanced future co-operation.
Amount payable to the International fellowship candidates:
Indian fellows going abroad- US$ 1,600/- per month (Amount not exceeding)- US $1,000/- per year (Lump-sum payments towards contingent and preparatory expenses) Overseas fellows in India- INR 35,000/- per month(Amount not exceeding)- INR 25,000/- per year (Lump-sum payments towards contingent and preparatory expenses) Bench fee-The institutional bench fee prescribed by the Institute/University where the admission has been sought restricted to 25% of the total amount will be reimbursed by the ICAR, while the remaining 75% has to be borne by the candidate availing International Fellowships.
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral degree in the field of Agriculture and allied sciences.
Place of Study
The study can be taken either in India or abroad.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Master’s degree in agriculture/allied sciences with an Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) 6.60 out of 10.0 or 65% marks or equivalent will be the eligibility requirement for the ICAR-IF.
- The candidates as on the specified date of the year of admission should not be more than 35 years of age.
- The notification for fellowship will contain the detailed eligibility requirements.
- The ICAR-IF would be available for both, fresh and in-service candidates. However, the fresh candidates should have completed their qualifying degree not more than two years before the specified date in the year of admission. The in-service candidates from India should be employed in the ICAR-AU system.
- The Council will identify and announce the priority areas of research and the list of institutions for admission, one year in advance, for availing the ICAR-IF.
All nationalities are welcome to apply.
Please learn the detail instruction of the application process at the application link below.
No information, please contact the employer for the detail.