The International Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD) is currently accepting applications for the PhD Scholarship positions in the field of Social and Agricultural Sciences. Those scholarships are exclusively open to the itizens of an ODA countries. They will be undertaking PhD program at one of the ICDD partner universities mentioned below. The scholarships cover allowance and tuition fees. The application deadline is November 30, 2016.
The scholarships will cover a country-specific monthly allowance, tuition fees (if applicable), the participation in ICDD Graduate School activities as well as the opportunity to apply for field research funding. Final admission to the ICDD Graduate School is conditioned on the admittance to the PhD programme of the chosen ICDD partner university and a positive progress evaluation by the ICDD in the first scholarship year.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program in the field of economics, development studies, agricultural science, labor studies, and sociology.
Place of Study
– Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Unicamp), Brazil, in economics,
– University of Cape Coast (UCC),Ghana, in development studies
– Egerton University (EGU), Kenya, in agricultural science,
– University of Agriculture Faisalabad (UAF), Pakistan, in agricultural science,
– Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), India, in labor studies.
Eligibility and Criteria
- A completed or almost completed MA/MSc degree, with excellent results, in a discipline related to the above topics; the applicant’s last academic degree should not be more than six years ago; if an applicant already started with his/her PhD project, it should have started not more than three years ago;
- A high proficiency in English (CEFR level: C1 or above), demonstrated by one of the following language certificates: TOEFL, with a minimum score of 550 PBT (paper-based test) / 80 IBT (Internet-based test); IELTS 6.5 or above; the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English or an equivalent (native speakers and applicants who have completed [one of] their first degree[s] fully in English do not have to provide an English proficiency certificate);
- Academic or vocational experience in one of the disciplines related to the thematic field of development and decent work;
All candidates must the citizens an ODA countries.
Please click the link below to see further instruction of application procedure.
November 30, 2016.